This Last Minute Mother's Day Gift Is A GAME CHANGER 🛀💜
We hope you had a great week! This week we're coming back at you with another blog. With all the stressful things going on in the world right now, it is important to take those measures of self-care and de-compress. You may be isolated at home right now (like many others) so we thought it would be perfect to show you how to make your very own overnight face mask! This can also double as a last-minute gift for Mother's Day! We hope you enjoy it!
It seems like skincare has become such a popular trend as of late- which is a great thing! There is nothing wrong with a little self-improvement every once in a while! The problem, however, is the cost! Beauty and skincare products can cost a pretty penny, so why not make it on your own?! This DIY will for sure impress you and your loved ones. Without further ado, let's get started!
What Is An Overnight Face Mask?
Overnight face masks are essential in Korean skincare routines. Sleeping masks are not like your typical nighttime skin cream. Their purpose is to lock in your skin's hydration overnight and have you waking up with gorgeous, glowing skin.
What’s Wrong With Store-bought Sleeping Masks?
Like most things, store-bought masks tend to be filled with ingredients that harm more than they help. Silicones, fragrances and synthetic dyes are 3 of many ingredients you should avoid always.
- 1/2 cup squalane oil
- 3 tbsp white beeswax pellets (cosmetic grade)
- 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil
Glass Cosmetic Jar
Turkish Coffee pot or small double boiler
- In a Turkish coffee pot or small double boiler, melt the beeswax on medium heat, stirring frequently to break up any lumps.
- Once the beeswax is melted, reduce the heat to low and add the squalane oil. Some of the beeswaxes may re-solidify at this point. Continue stirring to break up any lumps.
- Once the mixture is completely melted, remove it from heat. Allow it to stand for a few minutes and then add the vitamin E. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to a cosmetic jar, small mason jar, or another glass container. Leave at room temperature to solidify for 1-2 hours depending on your climate. No need to refrigerate.
How To Use This Homemade Sleeping Mask
This mask will be used in the last step of your skin-care routine. Apply your serums, toners, and any topicals before you use this mask. Before you apply the mask, spray your face with your favourite face mist. Scoop a generous amount of product with a clean fingertip or cosmetic scoop. Rub it between your fingers to soften, and apply it like you would apply a night cream. Don’t forget to pat it gently around the eyes for extra hydration in this delicate area.
Feel free to share with us your final product with us @darlingsjewelry. Good luck and we hope that we have helped you out! Please stay inside, stay safe and try to help flatten the curve! While you're here, take a look at some of our favourite products of the week! Have an amazing week!