The PERFECT Summertime Drink
We hope you had a great week! This week we're coming back at you with another blog. With all the stressful things going on in the world right now, it is important to take those measures to self-care and decompress. You may be starting to slowly resume back to normal life, but unfortunately, the bars are still closed. We have the perfect summer drink for you that you'll definitely LOVE! We hope you enjoy!
This is an incredible drink made with sweet blueberries, lemon, cucumber and mint with a solid portion of gin and a sprinkle of pop water for simply the perfect measure of shimmer. Refreshing and pretty.
• 2 oz of gin
• Juice from half a lemon
• 5 leaves fresh mint
• 5 slices of cucumber
• Soda water
• Sliced lemon
• Sprig of mint
• Edible flowers
• 1/2 cup water
• 1/2 cup honey
• Juice from half a lemon
- If you want to make it extra fancy by adding floral ice cubes, begin by sourcing your flowers, washing them and dropping them into the ice cube trays to freeze.
- Begin with working on your Blueberry Honey Simple Syrup. Add blueberries and water to a medium saucepan over low heat. The blueberries will begin to break down quickly — feel free to help them along by pressing them with a potato masher to aid in extracting the juices. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Next, strain the blueberry juice into a heatproof bowl, using the potato masher press the juice through the strainer. Reserve the juice for the Blueberry Honey Simple Syrup and get rid of the skins.
- Add the blueberry juice and honey back to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and allow to thicken for 10 minutes.
- Turn off the burner. Add the juice from half a lemon to your saucepan, stirring until incorporated. Allow your Blueberry Honey Simple Syrup to cool before using it in the Blueberry Lemon and Cucumber Gin Mojitos.
- Start assembling your cocktail by adding lemon juice, mint and cucumber to a cocktail shaker and muddling them together with a pestle. Add Blueberry Honey Simple Syrup and a few ice cubes. Shake vigorously until the cocktail shaker becomes cold.
- Add the contents of the cocktail shaker to your glass along with your gin. Pour soda water over top to fill your glass to the desired level.
- Garnish your Blueberry Lemon and Cucumber Gin Mojito with a slice of lemon and a few blueberries on a cocktail skewer.
- Add a sprig of mint, or a few more edible flowers and enjoy!
Feel free to share with us your drinks with us @darlingsjewelry. Good luck and we hope that we have helped you out! Please social distance, stay safe and try to help flatten the curve! While you're here, take a look at some of our favourite products of the week! Have an amazing week!
FEATURED PRODUCTS OF THE WEEK