5 Easy Habits That Will Change The Way You Look! 💜
We hope you had a great week! This week we're coming back at you with another blog. With all the stressful things going on in the world right now, it is important to take those measures of self-care and de-compress. You may be isolated at home right now (like many others) so we thought it would be perfect to show you some of our favourite self-improvement tips to make you look and feel like the best version of yourself! We hope you enjoy!
1) Get More Sleep
Get your beauty sleep! We know it's hard right now because many of us don't have a real daily schedule (and tik tok is addicting) BUT we cannot stress enough how much better you will look and feel after having a good night sleep. If you can go to bed earlier, awesome. If you can find a way to take a 20-minute nap, then do it. A 20-minute nap is more effective than coffee so when you can, always take the nap.
2) Lotion After Every Shower, But In The Shower
The “in the shower” part is very important here. Lotion “hydrates” your skin by sealing in moisture. There must be moisture in order to lock it into your skin. After a shower, the high humidity plus the water on your skin can be sealed onto your skin using a lotion.
Once you start accessorizing, you'll be amazed at how much a necklace, belt, or scarf, for example, can dress up a simple outfit. Jewelry especially is such an easy and simple way to put a simple look together. We recommend our one-of-a-kind Pressed Gold Letter Necklace. It's charming, big enough to stand out and small enough to also give attention to the rest of your outfit. This timely, personalized, bold piece will for sure bring your outfit together! We all know that part of feeling good is looking good.
4) A retinol peel
Most of us have heard about how great retinol peels are for your skin. We should mention that if you have sensitive skin, only do it once a week. The peel will be like a reset button. We recommend using this The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution. It's affordable and works well. 10/10!
5) Find ways to lower stress
Pick one or two things you can do that will really cut down on stress or allow you to get more sleep. A good first step is to sit down for a minute and make a list of everything that stresses you out. Now, pick a few that you want to work on or think you can improve. Now, try to come up with strategies to improve them.
- Making and sticking to a cleaning schedule. Do you become overwhelmed when you know the house needs a deep clean? By tackling a different big chore every day, you don’t reach that state.
- Using meal prep that would allow you to prep 2 weeks of dinners in about 2 hours. This by far is the biggest de-stressor. It saves you on average over an hour every day at dinnertime that you would usually spend prepping and cleaning up.
- Going on a 10-minute run at the end of the day. Exercise does wonders for your sanity and skin. Therefore, try doing mini workouts such as a quick run down the block.
Feel free to share with us your confidence boosters with us @darlingsjewelry. Good luck and we hope that we have helped you out! Please stay inside, stay safe and try to help flatten the curve! While you're here, take a look at some of our favourite products of the week! Have an amazing week!